This innovative piece of equipment uses an Iyengar-based system of adjustable straps and harnesses to take your practice to a new level by increasing core strength, stamina, centering, and isometric conditioning. The Yoga Wall ™ enables beginners to easily pursue accurate body alignment, achieve postural stability early on, and avoid excessive strain on the wrist and ankle joints. More experienced students will find that the Yoga Wall continually challenges their strength and flexibility by allowing them to fine-tune more advanced poses, such as inversions and deep backbends.
The Yoga Wall ™ is a system of adjustable straps and wall mounted props, based on BKS Iyengar’s principles of alignment, assists students with more ease and versatility in hundreds of yoga asana (poses) by opening and creating space in the body using therapeutic techniques.
This system also creates a greater support base for inversions, backbends, therapeutics, and standing poses. The Yoga wall serves as a helpful device to create greater traction in the spine and accommodates all bodies forms. It is excellent for both new and seasoned yogi’s wanting to perfect more advanced poses.
The Yoga Wall is wonderful for those with injuries and functional instabilities, MS, scoliosis, & other alignment issues. The yoga wall is particularly helpful for people with back problems, for beginners and much out of shape people. It also serves the advanced student with more difficult postures.
Benefits of the Yoga Wall
In this unique practice, gravity can be appreciated and utilized as a natural form of resistance, which can help students develop strong core muscles.
what it offers:
- –Can help improve overall flexibility and mobility in the joints and spine
- –Builds strength in both the large and small muscle groups
- –Aides in the ability to access various muscle groups in poses they are not yet able to achieve on the mat
- –Offers many therapeutic benefits helping individuals heal from athletic injuries, arthritis, degenerative disc disease, and Sciatica
- –Can be used as a workout tool to aid competitive athletes in cross-training and preparation for competitions
- –Allows one to do hundreds of poses
- –Can help students work through fear, build confidence, etc, so that they are able to take what they’ve learned on the Wall, to their mats and into their daily lives
- –Uses specific postures and positioning, movement and breath, awareness to open the joints, connective tissue and joints
- –Allows standing postures, forward and back bends, twists and inversions
- –Helps us feel great after doing yoga, because it is a balanced physical practice designed to open the spine in every direction